Welcome Page Showing the Most Requested Data
Once you log in to SmarterStats you are greeted with the most commonly requested report items: Visits, Views, Bandwidth, Top Pages, Top Referrers, and Search Engine data. The Home Page gives you the majority of information you are looking for when viewing your web site's statistics.
A Variety of Standard Reports for Easy Review
SmarterStats provides you with a number of Standard Reports, or collections of popular and useful Report Items arranged to provide the most useful data for specific people in your organization. Standard Reports range from a CEO Report, which provides upper management with a variety of performance and structural data, to Traffic and Visitor Reports for webmasters and other IT professionals. Users of the Enterprise Edition can even Create their own reports using custom reports.
Detailed and Effective Report Items
SmarterStats gives you all the information you want and need with dozens of Report Items, and an easy sidebar navigation system allows you to find the Items you need quickly. Virtually every piece of information contained in your web server log files is there: visitors, hits, views, downloads, search engine queries, search engine spiders, bandwidth usage, geographic details, and much, much more.
Site Import Settings and Report Item Customization
Not everyone likes web site statistics based off of the time the logs were created on the web server. SmarterStats offers many customization options, including allowing you to process your statistics based off of your particular Time Zone. You can also choose to exclude statistics generated from IP addresses or specific directories. They're your statistics; you should be able to get then however you want.
Server and Site Customization at Your Fingertips
SmarterStats Enterprise Edition gives system administrators an unbelievable amount of control over both the server's performance as well as specific site performance.
Administrators are also able to set extensions pertaining to "documents", dynamic pages, downloads, pages, etc. This ensures users see exactly the statistics they want to see.
Finally, both Administrators as well as users are able to specify "From" addresses and mail server options for email reports. Administrators also have control over the contents of email reports, adding to the level of system configuration available to them. (Email reports only available in Enterprise Edition)
A full log analysis enables AWStats to show you the following information:
- Number of visits, and number of unique visitors,
- Visits duration and last visits,
- Authenticated users, and last authenticated visits,
- Days of week and rush hours (pages, hits, KB for each hour and day of week),
- Domains/countries of hosts visitors (pages, hits, KB, 269 domains/countries detected, GeoIp detection),
- Hosts list, last visits and unresolved IP addresses list,
- Most viewed, entry and exit pages,
- Files type,
- Web compression statistics (for mod_gzip or mod_deflate),
- OS used (pages, hits, KB for each OS, 35 OS detected),
- Browsers used (pages, hits, KB for each browser, each version (Web, Wap, Media browsers: 97 browsers, more than 450 if using browsers_phone.pm library file),
- Visits of robots (319 robots detected),
- Worms attacks (5 worm's families),
- Search engines, keyphrases and keywords used to find your site (The 115 most famous search engines are detected like yahoo, google, altavista, etc...),
- HTTP errors (Page Not Found with last referrer, ...),
- Other personalized reports based on url, url parameters, referer field for miscellanous/marketing purpose,
- Number of times your site is "added to favourites bookmarks".
- Screen size (need to add some HTML tags in index page).
- Ratio of Browsers with support of: Java, Flash, RealG2 reader, Quicktime reader, WMA reader, PDF reader (need to add some HTML tags in index page).