Setting up POP email in Mac Mail.
- Open Mail (click it on the Dock or open it from the Applications folder).
- If the "Welcome to Mail" assistant does not appear, choose Add Account from the File menu.
- Fill in the Full Name, Email address, and Password fields.
- Deselect "Automatically set up account" if it is enabled. Click Continue to proceed.
- Choose the POP Account Type.
- Give your account a useful description, such as "Anne's account". It can be called whatever you want.
- Incoming mail server is pop.yourdomainname.com.
- Username is your full email address.
- Password is the same password used to access webmail.
- Click Continue to proceed.
- For Outgoing Mail Server, a useful description such as "Anne’s Outgoing Mail Server".
- Outgoing Mail Server is smtp.yourdomainname.com.
- Select "Use Authentication" and enter your User Name (Your Email Address and Password. Click Continue to proceed.
- Verify your settings in the Account Summary. Check "Take account online". Click "Create" to complete the process.
For additional information or assistance, please visit the Smarter Tools Knowledge Base.