In Plesk, to export a database dump means to save a source database in a file that can be used for storage or distribution. To import a database dump means to restore data from the file to a destination database. You can import a database to the same or another database server.
Watch the video to learn how quickly and easily it is to create a database backup and restore a database using Plesk.
The Plesk database management tool allows you to:
- Manually create a database for your site.
- Manage database user accounts and set up access rules.
- Make a database copy.
- Move a database to another subscription or webspace.
- Link a database to one of websites on your subscription.
- Manage data with external database management tools, such as phpMyAdmin.
- These operations are available in Websites & Domains tab > Databases.